The University of Houston is a public institution. With over 40 centers, the University of Houston is dedicated to research and community initiatives. There are a wide variety of graduate programs, including the University of Houston Law Center, which is well known for its health care law and intellectual property law, as well as its part-time law program.
The University of Houston-Victoria (UHV) International Merit Student Scholarship is based on academic records and excellent academic potential and pays some or all of the recipient’s tuition and expenses.
All international students pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree at UHV are eligible for this scholarship. The amount and number of scholarships may fluctuate from year to year, and recipients may be required to maintain a particular GPA to continue receiving the scholarship.
Host University: University of Houston;Host Country: USA;Study Level: Bachelor and Masters Level;Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;Scholarship Worth: 3,000$ – 10,000$;Eligible Countries: International Students;Subjects Available: All Subjects;Application Deadline: June 15th, 2023.The International Merit Student Scholarship is open for international, Bachelor and Masters Students in all fields at the University of Houston, USA.
The grant can decrease the overall cost of tuition by $3,000 to $10,000 (two semesters).
The scholarship will match the resident tuition rate for international students holding an F-1 or J-1 visa.
The scholarship covers tuition only. It does not cover additional expenses such as housing, food, transportation, personal expenses, books, supplies or health insurance.
The scholarship is exclusively for study at UHV. Fall scholarships and waivers are available for the fall, spring, and summer semesters. Full-time undergraduate and graduate study at UHV. This scholarship comes with a $1,000 guarantee for on-campus students.
- The University of Houston Victoria, Admitted Student;
- ⦁ The applicant is required to be at least 12 credits undergraduate and 9 credits graduate at UHV at the time of the award;
- ⦁ In order to complete their degree, both returning and attending scholars are required to retain two additional semesters of study (the semester in which they are awarded the scholarship is not permitted to be the last semester);
- ⦁ Incoming students are required to achieve a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or above and a minimum graduate GPA of 3.0 or above;
- ⦁ F-1 and J-1 applicants are required to have the correct visa status no later than the deadline for renewal of their immigration documents, and they are obligated to participate in the International Student Orientation Program in Victoria or Katy.
- To get started, complete the online UHV General Scholarship application. By the time applicants have finished this application, they can assume that they have missed the deadline and do not need to be concerned; simply continue processing the application. No matter when the deadline is, the university will also make it a requirement for students to successfully finish this application.
- Beneficiaries are required to maintain full-time employment;
- Committing 10 hours of volunteering time to international programs during the fall, spring, and summer semesters to assist in organizing activities such as International Education Week, the International Belt Ceremony and the International Festival;
- By the due date, all unpaid academic charges should be paid by the award recipient;
- The International Merit Scholarship will not be automatically renewed each year. It is necessary for students to reapply by the deadline;
- Students will receive an email no later than July 1st for the fall awards.
For more details, please visit the official website: https://www.uhv.edu/international/scholarships/merit/